Image Map

Friday, August 21, 2015

Five for Friday

Hi!!! I haven't posted in a while, because I have been busy enjoying summer. But before I go on my end of the summer trip I wanted to quick link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a five for Friday blog post.
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Divider 1


This box came this week and I was very excited. :) Can you guess what it was? 


Its my very first Erin Condren teaching planner. I ordered it in the end of July but it just came this week. Before I ordered it, I heard it could take up to a month to come, but mine came in just 3 weeks which isn't too bad. We don't start school until September so I have a few weeks left yet to make it even prettier. 

Divider 2



Last week I picked up my folders for the year at Office Max and Staples. They had them on sale for a penny around here, it was great. So this week I laminated them. I use these folders for all my small groups. Each group has a color and then each kid in each group gets a folder. Once I figure out who is in my groups for the beginning of the year I will write their names with Sharpie on the folders. Then when it is time to change groups, I can use a dry erase marker to erase the names and write the new ones on. I must say I tried this last year REAL time saver. 

Divider 3



 

I have a new product that I'm super excited about. I made this for my reading small groups. I wanted a way that I could learn about my students as readers in a quick way that I could keep and refer back to as needed. This is what I came up with 20 task cards and a recording sheet. I can't wait to use these. If you would like to pick them up to use them in your own class room click the pictures above and it will take you to my TPT store. 

Divider 4


I caved and got nice chap-stick. I love. 

Divider 5


My husband and I are leaving to go camping today. So this is what my kitchen counter looks like but I can't wait. I'm very excited to go camping and just leave for a week before the start of school and craziness starts again. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea to turn the survey into task cards! Love it.

    ReplyDelete